On February 11, Usher will headline the Super Bowl 58 halftime show in Las Vegas, but there will be other singers for football fans to enjoy during the pregame festivities leading up to the 2024 big game.
Here are the performers for the Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Francisco 49ers Super Bowl Sunday.
Who will be taking the stage for the 2024 Super Bowl halftime show?
In September, Usher’s appearance at the Apple Music Super Bowl LVIII Halftime Show was first revealed.
“Being able to cross off performing in a Super Bowl from my bucket list is an honor of a lifetime. Usher declared at the time, “I can’t wait to bring the world a show unlike anything else they’ve seen from me before.”
In an interview on CBS “Sunday Morning,” he said it’s a moment he’s dreamed of for most of his professional life.
You know, everyone claims to want to win an Emmy, Tony, Grammy, Oscar, or other award. Everyone wants to play in a Super Bowl,” he remarked. And it’s right here. It took place.”
The eight-time Grammy winner says he is constantly thinking of the greats who came before him. He has been a popular attraction in Las Vegas for the past year thanks to a residency that has exceeded all expectations.
“Considering the past of African Americans who were forced to perform here and were not allowed to enter the real casinos, it’s crazy to be here and have a residency. What a tornado,” he exclaimed.
Gayle King, co-host of “CBS Mornings,” and Usher discussed some advice that JAY-Z, the Super Bowl’s live music entertainment strategist, gave him.
“He left me in charge of making sure I didn’t miss the culture. He only said that one thing. Usher remarked, “You know, we’re doing this for the culture.” “I want you to portray the characters that we know and love.” “Give them the moments that they anticipate seeing,” as in “Go for the culture.” “All right, I got you,” I reply.
The halftime show will also be performed in American Sign Language by Shaheem Sanchez. The Super Bowl’s “first in-game DJ,” Tiësto, was revealed by the NFL in late January. Due to an unidentified family issue, Tiësto has canceled his performance at Sunday’s Super Bowl, according to an Associated Press story published on Friday.
If any other performers will accompany Usher on stage, the NFL has not yet announced.
In 2011, Usher made a guest appearance at the Super Bowl during the Black Eyed Peas halftime show.
Who is singing the national anthem at the 2024 Super Bowl?
Grammy Award-winning country music icon Reba McEntire will perform the national anthem during the Super Bowl. Although this is McEntire’s first-ever Super Bowl performance, she told “CBS Mornings” that she feels at ease getting ready because she has been singing the national anthem for decades.
“You simply warm up as if you were performing a concert, sing it five or six times, and then go in there and execute it,” McEntire explained.
Before the game begins, singers other than McEntire sing. As part of the pregame performances, rapper Post Malone will play “America the Beautiful,” and singer Andra Day will sing “Lift Every Voice and Sing,” which is commonly known as the Black national anthem.
“Grateful & Calm!!! yall, playing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl! Feeling appreciative God is great, Day wrote in a post on X, the former Twitter platform.
For every song, there will also be performances in American Sign Language. The national anthem will be performed in ASL by actor Daniel Durant, who made his acting debut in the movie “CODA.” Actor and choreographer Shaheem Sanchez will sign “Lift Every Voice and Sing,” while actress, model, and dancer Anjel Piñero will sign “America the Beautiful.”
Full list of Super Bowl performers announced for 2024
- Usher – The singer will headline the halftime show. The NFL has not yet said if any other artists will join Usher on stage.
- Reba McEntire – The country music icon will sing the national anthem during her first-ever Super Bowl performance.
- Daniel Durant – The actor will sign the national anthem in an American Sign Language performance.
- Post Malone – The rapper will sing “America the Beautiful.”
- Anjel Piñero – The actress, model and dancer will sign “America the Beautiful” in an American Sign Language performance.
- Andra Day – The singer will perform “Lift Every Voice and Sing.”
- Shaheem Sanchez – The actor and choreographer will sign Lift Every Voice and Sing in an American Sign Language performance. Later, Sanchez will perform a sign language rendition of the halftime performance.
- Tiësto was slated to DJ a player warm-up and during featured breaks within the Super Bowl, but the Associated Press stated on Friday that he has withdrawn due to an undisclosed family matter.
On Sunday, February 11, Super Bowl LVIII from Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas will be televised on CBS, Nickelodeon, and Paramount+. The game is set to begin at 6:30 p.m. ET.